Sunday, June 27, 2010

Start a New Novel

I have started reading Winter's Bone: A Novel by Daniel Woodrell.  This novel has grabbed me from page one.  The movie came out recently and is forecast to receive Oscar nods.  I prefer to read the book first.  I usually find movies do not depict the story as well as the novel.  For example how could you ever expect a movie to pull off The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Neffenegger.  I saw the movie and who could have followed it without having read the book.  Another example is White Oleander by Janet Fitch.  That movie did not at all come across well.  The novel was so good, but there is no way a movie could detail the life of Astrid who's mother was imprisoned for murder and she bounced from foster home to foster home.  Such a gripping novel.

I have yet to watch the movie, The Lovely Bones.

But I have heard good reviews about the movie Winter's Bone, although still have to read the novel first.

Regina

No comments: