Friday, February 19, 2010

Screen Printing


Little Miss Emmalee is wearing her Wooooo Pig Soooie onesie.  These are so easy to make and sell for much more than the cost of a onesie in retail stores.   My son got me started with screen printing, having graduated from KU and being a BIG Jayhawk fan, he wanted KU wear for my grandson.  Emmalee's mom, my neighbor is the owner of my dog, Sadie's best friend Mattie.  Emmalee, was born one month after my grandson and comes from a long line of Razorbacks. I had to make her a wooooooo pig onesie.  She is so cute above in her onesie.

Screen printing requires very little equipment; ink, a squeegee, and the screen.  My favorite craft store in Kansas City Urban Arts and Crafts made my screens.  I fit two different designs on one 8X10 screen.  They frame it and it is all ready to use.  My little bottle of ink   has now made many shirts.  In addition to direction from Urban, I watch a video on youtube to learn exactly what to do.  I practiced on cardboard and paper first.  I admit I messed up a couple on onesies to begin with but now am very good.  Now I need to get more detailed with designs but have had fun with it.  Youtube also shows how to burn screens and that looks quite simple.

On a different thought - is winter ever going to end.  They are predicting a possiblity of lots of snow here on Sunday.  We have had lots.  I admit not as much as the North East.  But still.....

Regina

1 comment:

Deanna said...

you are so sweet! the picture turned out great! your page is so neat...makes me want to do one...not sure if i could figure it out though :)